“I Hate My Job But I Don’t Know What To Do!”
Is it one of those times when you have an I hate my job but I don’t know what to do day?
You are not alone.
People knowing exactly what to do with the rest of their lives are hard to come across.
How many times have you heard someone saying the following?
- I hate my career
- I hate my career choice
- I hate my career path
- I hate my career now what?
- I hate my first job
- I hate my job, I hate my life
- I hate my job and I hate my life
- I hate my life, I hate my job
If you are frustrated and have anxiety because you haven’t figured what you really want to do, are not happy in your current job or have skills but cannot find a job, read on.
Things You Can Do When You Are In An I Hate My Job But I Don’t Know What To Do Phase
I Hate My Job But I Don’t Know What Else To Do
Being unemployed, in a job you dislike or considering going back to school generate feelings of anxiety and frustration.
Let’s have a look at things you can do and things you shouldn’t do to help you overcome this I hate my new job what do I do stage.
Things You Can Do
- Start From Somewhere
- Experience The Journey
- Perform A Reality Check
- Take Career And Personality Tests
- Think About Your Values
- You Don’t Need To Stay In The Career Path You’ve Chosen For Life
- Allow Yourself To Change Your Mind
- Come Up With A Response To The “What Do You Do?” Question
Things You Shouldn’t Do
- Let Your Pride Get In Your Way
- Let Social Pressure Get In Your Way
- Punish Yourself For Making The Wrong Decision
- Do Something You Don’t like Simply Because You Made An Investment In A Degree Or Course
- Let Your Age Stop You From Changing Your Career Path
How To Quit Your Job
Quitting your job can be a scary process.
Why is quitting your job so hard though?
- Social pressure from society, parents and friends
- The artificial sense of safety when working for a company
- Fear of being self employed
- Fear of benefits loss such as insurance, health and dental benefits
- Fear of not earning enough money
To effectively face such fears, you need to clearly plan how to quit your job and what to do next.
Here are 3 steps that can help you.
- Determine what is next
- Start saving money so that you don’t stress out during this transition and search for business training to gain professional skills
- Hand in your notice so that you know there is a deadline
Doing a job that you hate is unnecessary.
It makes me sad when I hear people being trapped and unhappy in their jobs.
- I hate my job but can’t quit
- I hate my job but I need the money
- I hate my corporate job
- I hate my sales job
- I hate my call center job
- I hate my job but can’t afford to quit
- I hate my engineering job
- I hate my computer service job
- I hate my accounting job
- I hate my government job
- I hate my life and my job
- My job pays well but I hate it
- I hate my IT job
- I hate my teaching job, what else can I do?
- I hate my factory job
- I hate my restaurant job
- I hate my job but I don’t know what to do
Have you ever caught yourself saying any of the sentences above? Or, do you know of someone who has?
Hopefully, this article has helped you overcome your fear of quitting your job and you are now ready to change careers and find a new job.
If you are a skilled worker, you could look for a remote job by using LinkedIn
You could also check out these work from home forums.
If you have skills to freelance, you can join Fiverr and make money online selling Fiverr gigs.
If on the other hand, you have already decided that would like to start your own online business and make money online via affiliate marketing but don’t know where to start, check out my best affiliate marketing course list.
Check the above resources out and let’s get started!